Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Storm's In His Hand

I remember as a child how I trembled as the lightening crashed through the night
How I hid my head as I lay in bed. So terrified at the sight. But I read within God's word
that without Him,not a sparrow falls from the sky,not a hair can be shead from the smallest head.
And now I sleep through those nights.

The wind that blows the winter snows, the storm clouds high up above.
Can just fulfill what is in the will of a God of goodness and love.
Lord, as lightening flashes all around me,as the thunder rattles my mind,
make me understand that the storm's in thy hand, that I may rest in Thee.

I'm much older now, but still the dark clouds gather, but they're clouds of a much different kind.
They're from storms of this life with its cares and strife. The storms that rage in my mind.
Oh, I cannot see He who holds the weather. Just performs what's good in His sight.
And if I trusted Him on some stormy night. Oh, why can't I trust Him with life?


The wind that blows the winter snows, the storm clouds high up above.
Can just fulfill what is in the will of a God of goodness and love.
Lord, as lightening flashes all around me,as the thunder rattles my mind,
make me understand that the storm's in thy hand, that I may rest in Thee.

No comments: